Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Essential Questions by mindmap

This is a picture of my mindmap which is my essential questions which leads to my solution. From the main title, there are 2 routes. I started off by making the left one, but then I decided to make another one as the first one was not that good. The red route is the one that leads to my solution.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Selecting my EQs

1. Does the elderly feel depressed or jealous when they see the younger generation?
2. Does the elderly feel jealous of not knowing how to use technology?
3. Does the elderly think that they are useless to the community?

Now lets give a round of a claus to the top ranking EQs. (Claps)
The first ranking is that elderly may be jealous that we youngsters are young and lively and get torun around.
The second ranking is that they always hear that technology lets us live more comfortably, but theydo not know how to use technology or know any form of it.
The third ranking is that elderly may think that they are too old to do anything.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Personal Reflection (NEWater visit)

We went to the Newater Plant. It was exactly the same as the trip there when I was in Primary 6. So almost everything was something I knew, except some things which I had forgotten. Lets act as if today is my first time there.

I learned that there are the "4 national taps". They stand for water catchment, imported water, desalinated water and recycled water. They help to maintain the water needed in Singapore. NEWater is too clean to be drank, so it is used mainly for industrial purposes (90%). The remaining 10% is put into thee reservoir to mix with the other water for minerals. NEWater is a treatment plant that is a very famous one among the world. We should never ever waste water as it is very precious. Water is never sufficient, so we must use them wisely. The NEWater uses some strong light to kill any remaining bacteria that might have passed through. Rather be safe than sorry. I find that our pooped water actually could turn into ultra clean. I can only use the amount of water that is necessary to conserve water and not litter to not pollute the water.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bad design

I am going to show a video of a bad design of a thumb drive. What is happening is that the thumb drive is too big so 2 things cannot be both plugged into the computer together.

I suggest thumb drives should be smaller to fit into the laptop.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 6 school pictures

This picture picture shows the view of the vending machine from a bottom view.
This picture shows at the ant's eye view, low on the grass.
This picture shows the nature inside, lots of leaves...
This picture shows the beauty of the flow of water. The droplets and stuff.

Monday, January 25, 2010

P.I.E.S (Physical Intellectual Emotional Social)

1. Laptop bag:

P - Big enough to fit a laptop & light enough to bring around comfortably.
I - Has a sleeve to carry around on shoulder comfortably.
S - Black color so that will not stand out and not attract attention.

2. A album of notes from all over the world in present and past:

P - Organized enough to put all the notes in a neat order.
I - has rows inside so that can put notes in it easily and neatly.
E - Contains some money that ancient people used.
S - Album looks very old which makes people quite curious when they see it.

3.MRT Station:

P - It is spacious to hold many people.
I - It is very clean.
S - I tis high, so it stands out a little bit.

4.Watching a movie:

P - It has comfortable seats to enjoy the movie, especially the gold class.
I - The seats are arranged in a way that everybody should be able to see the movie.
S - It is usually crowded, which should attract curious people to see the movie updates.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Understanding 'Research' (part 1)

To me research is finding out information on a particular subject through all sorts of ways like reading books, going to internet or others. Research is very important as it helps us to find out information for our project or presentation or other stuff. Researching is important to scientist too for them to discover new things. We can make a good research by finding information from various number of sources to ensure that the information is reliable.